Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hello from Japan - My Yakitori Chicken Chart

Yakitori Chicken Chart

Hello from Japan! I haven't had time to upload the things we ate. It's been less than a day here in Tokyo and we've already eaten some amazing food including grilled ground chicken with torchoned cheese, flattened blocks of crispy gyoza and of course, orgasm-inducing Hakata-style ramen. Just wanted to share with you a very critical piece of food geekery. When in Japan, you're going to be eating the best yakitori ever, but how do you tell the waitress that you're more interested in trying chicken testicles than white breast meat? Or that you're ok without the chicken head mcnuggets? Feel free to use! More to come.

7 comments:

weezermonkey said...

You need a chart with prominent testicles, so you can point to it!

keiko said...

My favourite is sunagimo :) Have a great time!

Daily Gluttony said...

Don't trip. I'm totally gonna cut your chart out & keep it in my wallet. You never know when you might need it. Fun & safe travels to you & Jeni!

Wendy said...

Haha! Very cool and handy chart. Will you be trying Bassanova where Keizo of Go Ramen blog is working?

Anonymous said...

hi - you're so lucky! i'd go back to japan just to eat. have fun! stefanie

e d b m said...

Weezer, as soon as I buy a macro lens, I will take that close up shot for you.

Keiko, hello! To me, those are the real chicken "mcnuggets". a small sprinkle of Japanese sea salt...amazing.

DG, I'd be very honored if you kept that in your wallet. Or even better, if you went to that mall cart that prints images on cups, pillow cases and tshirts haha.

Wendy, do you know which part of Japan he is in?

Anonymous, eating is 99.9% of the fun here for me.

Exile Kiss said...

Hi E D B M,

Very nice! I can't wait to hear about your travels in Japan. :) Lucky! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis