Monday, April 13, 2009

Rolyier Tarragon Soda - The Armenian Thirstquencher?

Rolyier Armenian Soda Pop

I was at my favorite Middle Eastern market, Super King near Eagle Rock, on Saturday buying groceries for our Easter lunch and came across this lovely bottle of pop. Anyone know how this tastes?! Tarragon sounds safe compared to the many other ethnic variations of flavored-soda that could show up on the shelves. How about Durian soda? Carbonated fish sauce punch? Chapulines Juice?


Anonymous said...

Lol, I don't think your Armenian readers are as vocal as your Asian ones.

My folks like Super King but how do you get past that crazy parking?

eatdrinknbmerry said...

Ha, I now know that I do not have any Armenian readers. Time to review some more Middle Eastern food.

You know, Super King is fabulous but now I ONLY go if I have a laundry list of things to buy. it is not worth it to buy a dozen eggs because you'll end up being angry after all is said and done.

oddlyme said...

I love Super King but I've learned --

Do not go on a weekend.

Do not go on Thursday (the first day of the new ad.)

It is often an exercise in zen calm (breathe deep. DEEP.) but it's worth it. Yummy rummo pasta for less than $1 a pound? Great deals on shrimp? Always fresh cheap produce? POUNDS of fig jam in a can? I'm in.

I wish and hope they get more parking spaces. But until then, I'll bring a book, some snacks, and take my chances.

eatdrinknbmerry said...

oddlyme, you are so right. i have given up the weekend excursion to Armenia. it's just not worth it, but god, i like their lahmehjune 'pizzas' ha. it's seriously like a mini Costco there.

oddlyme said...


When Superking first opened up, I went on a feta spree. Every week I'd bring home a new kind and feed it to my understanding husband. Who knew there were so many kinds?! The Hungarian feta (which is much softer than the greek) turned out to be our new fav.

Constant favs there are also the hummus in a can (all you have to do is add fresh lemon juice, S & P and oilve oil - the chickpeas and tahini are alreday in there, thus ending my never finished jars of tahini in the fridge) and their spinach boregs.

But nope, neved tried the Tarragon soda.

Kamyar said...

Just stumbled on this blog:
this stuff is amazing, and i hope you have tried it by now. Sweet! Tangy! I can't sing its praises enough!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin