Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Maggi Christmas & Mexico

Nothing says 'Christmas' to me more than receiving a fine bottle of my most favorite sauce in the world – Maggi Sauce. J's mom gave me what I thought was a wine bottle in a bag. But upon lifting it out, I saw the red (usually yellow) cap I've become all too familiar with. This one is from Germany! And you know what, it tastes totally different than the U.S. version. Now I can add this German edition to my collection of Maggi sauce from the U.S., Switzerland, Poland (thanks Erik) and the Phillipines. Woohoo. If you guys know of any other foreign editions, please let me know where I can find them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all that have laid eyes on this site. Thank you for your support and a year of solid readership. I couldn't be more happy. J & I are off to Mexico!!!

And I've got this bathing suit in 5 different neon colors, ready to go.

13 comments:

elmomonster said...

Whoa. Had no idea it came from different countries...and with different tastes. But MSG is still a main ingredient right?

Happy Holidays to you and Jeni!

Christine D. said...

Haha, I was just putting that on my list of what I need to stock up on. Red cap allll the way!

Merry Christmas to you and Jeni, oh, I mean Feliz Navidad!

Jeni said...

D stop!

I'm gonna contaminate your Maggi sauces if you keep using that kid's face.

One Food Guy said...

I don't think that I really needed to see your online likeness hanging his stuff out there like Borat! Congrats on your Maggi Sauce acquisition anyway :)

SteamyKitchen said...

I think you scared the crap outta the fish.

TyTown said...

my industrial size maggi is from "europe". me likey. hows the south of the border xmas going? all that taco eating training you been doing paying off?

Eddie Lin said...

I spikes my Maggi with roofies so I can have a sexy times with the beautiful lady.

Anonymous said...

I too have an industrial-sized bottle of Maggi "Imported from Europe" and says Product of Germany (all in English). This was purchased at the local Asian grocer.

Did J's mother get this in Germany? My mother-in-law hand-carried several Maggi bottles back from Germany (obviously this was before the latest airline restrictions on liquids). I was on the same trip, but the cost savings weren't worth the effort.

The Lee's Sandwiches in Garden Grove had smaller Maggi bottles that were in French.

White On Rice Couple said...

We love Maggi Sauce as well, but your post speaks volumes about your adoration. Funny! You should have added the bottle to your bathing suit pix and sent it to Nestle. Maybe they'll use it in their next marketing campaign. Have a grand time down South!

Eleana said...

Hi,

You got a shout out in the LA Times Food section on January 2nd, 2008! Congrats! I started reading your site since someone linked me to your "Why Asians Have Food Blogs" post and I've been hooked ever since. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

The Maggi from France is the best! I always buy some home when I travel to Paris. It tastes different from the other ones. You should try it if you have a chance. They carry it in the states as well, but make sure they are the real thing, and not the imitation ones :)

Anonymous said...

i can get silkroad gold cheaply,
Yesterday i bought sro gold for my brother.
i hope him like it. i will give silkroad online gold to him
as birthday present. i like the cheap silkroad gold very much.
I usually buy the silk road gold and keep it in my store.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog~
women.daai007.org

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis