Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tantalizing Tofu




I went over to Zen Grill on 3rd & La Cienega with a friend and ordered the Tofu Steak with Veggies. Disappointed by the fact that it was super greasy, soggy and salty, I put it on myself to cook a better tasting, more delectable tofu steak. I started out by patting the tofu cubes (regular tofu) dry. You can cut them diagonally for presentation. I used two pieces and made a quick batter by using tapioca starch (corn works as well), water and salt. Mixed it till I achieved a medium-thick consistency. After frying the tofu about 7-8 minutes each side, I served it with a sesame/miso dressing I got from Mitsuwa market with some grilled veggies. It’s so good. I put the dressing on everything. Add a little furikake seasoning on the tofu. Enjoy.

4 comments:

BoLA said...

Hey Dylan, Great post! You're like a Jackson Pollack with food. ;) Did you make it out to the Tofu Festival? I'd be curious as to what you thought...Hope you had a good weekend!

BoLA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BoLA said...

By the way, I'm tagging you with the latest food meme about Childhood Food Faves. I got tagged from Pam and now you're it. :)

Hopefully, you'll join in on the fun! Here's a link to my post and a shoutout to you:

http://bestofla.blogspot.com/2005/08/tag-im-it-my-childhood-meme-ories.html

yoony said...

That looks delicious! I love tofu. Did you check out the TofuFest?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis